Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Welcome Back!


I hope everyone had an exciting and restful summer! I had a wonderful summer because I was able to travel to Ireland for 2 weeks. The 1st picture to the right is of me on the edge of a cliff where I was watching seals playing in the surf, and the 2nd picture is of my husband and I on top of a very old round tower that overlooks the city of Kilkenney.

As much fun as I had this summer, I am looking forward to getting this year off to a good start and getting to know each of you.

The first week of school will be reserved for understanding and explanation of the layout and procedures for 7th grade Life Science. A tentative schedule for the first week includes:

Monday- Learning Style Inventory / Syllabus Discussion
Tuesday- Pre-test and Textbooks
Wednesday- Finish Syllabus Discussion / Lab Safety
Thursday- Check out Blog and Textbook website / Finish Lab Safety
Friday- Homework Check / Language of Science

Homework the first week?? Yes, and it's a hard assignment too...By Tuesday you should have a 3x5 card with 2 questions for me, by Friday you should have your book contract turned in and your book covered, and a science 3-ring binder with 2 dividers (one labeled Notes/Assignments, one labeled Tests/Quizzes). In the binder, I should be able to find your Science Syllabus, your "I Understand" form, and your Lab Contract all signed by you and a parent or guardian. If you have completed this assignment you will not get any points deducted from your perfect grade. Remember, you all start out with an A in my class!

See you in Science!